Alabama is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States of America (USA). It is bordered by Tennessee to the north, Georgia to the east, Florida to the south, and Mississippi to the west. The capital of Alabama is Montgomery, and its largest city is Birmingham. Alabama has a diverse landscape that includes coastal plains, mountains, forests, and rivers, and is known for its rich history, culture, and contributions to the civil rights movement. It is also home to a variety of industries, including agriculture, manufacturing, and aerospace.
Here are the top 10 agricultural products in Alabama in 2020, along with their approximate acreage and revenue:
1. Poultry: Alabama is a top producer of broiler chickens, and in 2020, the state had approximately 20,000 poultry farms covering around 16 million acres, with a revenue of over $15 billion.
2. Beef Cattle: Alabama has around 1.5 million head of cattle, covering around 6.5 million acres. In 2020, beef cattle generated approximately $588 million in revenue.
3. Cotton: Alabama is a top producer of cotton, with around 500,000 acres devoted to cotton production in 2020. The revenue from cotton production in Alabama in 2020 was around $350 million.
4. Timber: Alabama has vast forested areas, with approximately 23 million acres of forest land. The revenue from timber in 2020 was around $1.4 billion.
5. Soybeans: Around 500,000 acres of land in Alabama were devoted to soybean cultivation in 2020, generating revenue of approximately $140 million.
6. Greenhouse and Nursery Products: Alabama has a vibrant horticulture industry, and in 2020, the state had approximately 2,400 greenhouse and nursery operations generating around $132 million in revenue.
7. Peanuts: Alabama is a top producer of peanuts, with around 200,000 acres of land devoted to peanut cultivation. The revenue from peanut production in Alabama in 2020 was around $94 million.
8. Corn: Alabama had approximately 400,000 acres of land devoted to corn cultivation in 2020, generating revenue of approximately $76 million.
9. Dairy: Alabama has around 200 dairy farms, covering approximately 30,000 acres. In 2020, the revenue from dairy production in Alabama was around $66 million.
10. Wheat: Approximately 150,000 acres of land in Alabama were devoted to wheat cultivation in 2020, generating revenue of approximately $24 million.